Looking for a fun and creative project to do with your daughter? Build a FAIRY HOUSE! You get an excuse to do take a nature walk, you get to teach her about tools and building, get totally creative and then she has a new toy to play with outside all summer. It's great.
1. Begin by taking a nature walk to collect supplies. Your looking for tree bark, mushrooms, acorns, flowers, rocks, pinecones, etc.
2. Use scrap wood to build the base of the house. You don't have to be a carpenter, you could use a coffee can, an old box or any little container that will hold up in the rain.
3. Use construction adhesive to glue the stuff you collected to the house. ( I'd wear gloves )
I finished it off with moss from the hobby store.
4. Find a nice spot in your backyard or garden.
5. Adding the accessories. You can get accessories from your garden center or even Kroger sells them now. We also bought little toy fairies from a local toy store. We used little rocks from the old fish tank, play sand from the sand box and pine cones to finish the fairies yard. Be creative!
6. Finally, let them play with it! They can add to it all summer and you can always be on the lookout for stuff to add to it when your on your nature walks.
BONUS: Here is one my niece made.