Isn't that crazy? We officially have less than 10 days left. Summer starts "officially" on June 20th (although the crazy hot days we've been having lately lead us to believe otherwise). We wanted to do a kind of Michigan-summer-roundup for the occasion. Here are a few things to be thinking about now that summer is almost officially here!
Are you going anywhere amazing this summer? If you are, let us know in the comments! We're always looking for cool places to go and new Michigan sites to see. But, if you're sitting there totally at a loss as to where you're going to pack the fam up to visit during the summer months, we have you covered with a few ideas:
- Head to the UP. Whether you go to Traverse City, Mackinac Island, or get a little more outdoorsy with a trip to Isle Royale, up north is always a good choice.
- Take a road trip. Michigan has so many cool spots - pack up the car and head out! And, of course, don't forget the road trip snacks.
- Go camping. What better time is there to see Michigan's beautiful outdoors than summer? Days are long, nights are starry. Plus, if you don't want to take the kids to a campground you can always pitch a tent in your backyard for a more low-key "staycation."
Michigan has so many beautiful nature areas to explore - some of them are probably right in your own backyard! Whether you like adventuring on the water, taking a hike, or just walking around the block, make sure you get outside and enjoy the sunshine.
Eat and Play Local
There's no doubt that summers in Michigan offer a ton to do. Take advantage of all the local eateries and events! Looking for a cool place to stop and grab a bite?
- Check out these breakfast places for divine eggs benedict, pancakes, or whatever your heart desires.
- Decided to go to the UP? These pasty shops aren't to be missed.
- Got a sweet tooth? We've got you covered, too.
- And, of course, no summer would be complete without just way too many donut runs with the kids.
But what about stuff to do?
- Greenfield Village is magical for so many reasons - here's our all-inclusive list of what you should do while you're there.
- We also love water parks and/or amusement parks. What better way to spend a summer day?
- And, of course, when in doubt - head to Michigan's website for more event ideas.
Image Credit: http://neilweaver.photoshelter.com/image/I0000GiC_YlwQQj0