Looking to make some weekend plans but don't have any idea what to do? Look no further, because this weekend is Detroit's renowned National American International Auto Show!
The auto show is made up of waves of big events, but the public show runs January 14th-22nd at the Cobo Center in Detroit, and there are many ways to get involved.
- This one's for you futuristic vehicle fans out there. The Eye on Design Awards honor the best production of concept vehicles making their debut at the auto show this year. Check out some of the latest designs and most interesting prototypes in the world - and see who the judge panel declares the winner in several different categories.
- Are you an educator interested in taking your class to the show? The NAIAS Education Day is on Wednesday, January 18, 2017. The event is set up specifically for educating young minds about the auto industry, and includes lesson-plans, tours hosted by experts, career information, and hands-on activities.
- Love cars but also need to get your Saturday morning run in? No problem. The Auto Show 5k on Saturday, January 14, 2017, has you covered. The race starts at 8:30 A.M. at the Joe Louis Arena and ends in time for the opening of the public show.
- Military Day is Tuesday, January 17, 2017, and both military and veterans providing I.D. will receive a discount on tickets.
- Want to take the kids? Family Day is Friday, January 20, 2017. There will be musical performances, giveaways, and on-screen characters for you and your little ones to meet!
- The public show also hosts daily activities including an American Red Cross Blood Drive, a daily NAIAS parade from 3:30-7:00 P.M., and photo contests.'
This is one of Detroit's biggest and best events of the year - get out and enjoy it!